What to Look for in Premarital Counseling
It is so important to know what to look for in premarital counseling. Here are 7 suggestions:
- Look for a counselor who has been recommended to you by someone you trust.
- Look for a Christian Biblical counselor who will take you to the Scriptures and give you proof of what they are teaching you.
- Look for a counselor who has some success in helping couples get started on the right foot.
- Look for sessions that will challenge you to look at the Big Picture. These sessions should include questions and revelations about your past as well as your future.
- Look for sessions that will help you know more about your fiancé than you did before you came.
- Look for sessions that will reveal your past spending habits and challenge you both in the area of finances, and making good financial decisions now and in the future.
- Last but certainly not least look for a Christian Biblical counselor who will challenge you to continue to develop a strong and more intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. Teaching you how to trust God to show you through the Bible how to be the God kind of husband/wife that He wants you to be in this marriage.