Emotional And Verbal Abuse: How To Recognize It In Its Different Forms
Emotional And Verbal Abuse: Here I’m going to list a few things that you need to recognize as emotional or verbal abuse when you see them. Don’t be deceived. Emotional abuse:
- Put downs
- Intimidation, making threats to hurt you, the people and things you love.
- Embarrassing you in public
- Talking down to you or being patronizing
- Not listening to your point of view.
- Not respecting your feelings
- Spying on you and checking up on you through your friends
- Being jealous or over possessive
- Making you feel like you need to justify yourself constantly
- Calling you out of your name
- Using a tone of voice to cause fear
- Interrupting constantly
- Talking over you
- Constantly arguing
- Mocking and making fun of you
- Calling you stupid
- Saying that you are no good and no one else will want you
Judging from this list, you can tell when you are being abused and told that “it’s all in your mind”. You must set boundaries.