Forgive the people you have not forgiven and stop being their chauffer. You continue to carry people around in your head when you don’t forgive.
Some say forgiveness is a long process. I beg to differ because unforgiveness is a sin. The Scripture says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1st John 1:9)
The first step is to acknowledge that you have not forgiven someone, maybe even yourself, then confess it to God as sin and ask Him to forgive you and He does that immediately.
7 Reasons you should Forgive
1. God has forgiven you of a debt you could never repay. When I was having difficulty forgiving Ronnie, I stopped and thought about myself and all the many times and countless things God has forgiven me for. That realization humbled me.
2. You could have never saved yourself but He paid the price through the spotless blood of His son Jesus Christ for your redemption and salvation while you were yet in your sins.
3. We should forgive because we are the children of Him who consistently forgives.
4. Forgiveness is a gift we give to ourselves. While it releases the other person and removes the penalty of payment for what they have done, it also sets us free to become all that God would have us to be in Jesus Name.
5. To refuse to forgive puts everyone involved on lockdown. You only see and remember that person as what they did to you.