Infidelity and Finances
Infidelity and Finances
Infidelity and finances are directly related. Once you give place to the devil with infidelity, lying, cheating, and the cover up, you open the door wide for him to attack your finances.
In all of our years of counseling we have never seen it fail. One of the main reasons this happens is Satan only comes to steal, kill, and to destroy. (John 10:10) What better way to start than with your money. Your money is an extension of you. The spirit of Lust that you have ushered in brings with it many other friends to make sure the destruction is thorough and complete.
The Sequence of Events Related to Infidelity and Finances
- When you commit sexual sin you sin against your own body. So the first spirit that comes to work on you is the spirit of confusion. This spirit influences your mind and thinking to do some dumb things with your money. You are paying for hotel rooms, charging your credit card with dinners you know you can’t afford, buying gifts for that sweet “thang,” driving to those out of the way places so no one will see you with that other person and using all of your gas. It is very expensive to keep a secret.
- Then comes the Spirit of Pride, you are always trying to look your best for that other person which requires buying clothes, shoes and Nice Underwear to impress them and to keep the fire burning.
- Infidelity and Finances are directly related to the fact that because this is sin, things will usually begin to break down at home like the refrigerator, the dryer, the furnace, the car or anything else that will require you to spend big bucks on that you were not expecting.
- Proverbs 6:26 says, “For on account of a harlot a man is brought to a piece of bread, and the adulteress stalks and snares as with a hook the precious life of a man.” This sounds serious to me. To be brought to one piece of bread, and some people were brought to a day old piece of bread, is talking about Infidelity and Finances big time. I want to clarify that this Scripture although it says (a man, can also be a woman). Women are committing adultery at alarming rates today as well.
- We have not yet spoken about your health and the Spirit of Infirmity which can bring with it multiple diseases that the enemy would love for you to catch and take home to your spouse. It costs big bucks today to get tested for Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Doctor’s appointments and hospital stays.
I guess my point is that this sin and unfaithfulness in designed by the Devil to break you spiritually, physically, and certainly financially.
If you find yourself in this position and seeing your money get tighter and tighter, our counsel to you is to repent turn and go in the opposite direction. Change your mind about continuing in the sin.
Ask God and your spouse to forgive you. To learn more, click on this link and get some help from Christian Financial Counselors who love God and will show you how to regain control of your money with integrity. I hope you are convinced that Infidelity and Finances are directly related so learn how to stop the bleeding.